Friday, September 15, 2017

The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice #12) by John Flanagan

★★★★★

*** Warning: This review contains spoilers! ***

I surprised myself by giving this book 5 stars. Especially since I started this book with such wariness.

I thought The Lost Stories did such a great job wrapping up the series, I really didn't want to read another installment. Then, after just a few pages, we find out Alyss is dead!? No!! Why!? Finally, we meet Maddie, who wasn't so likable. So, from the beginning, I wasn't crazy about the book.

Along the way, though, I found myself enjoying the read. I was glad to see Will being stern and unflinching with Maddie, and sure enough, Maddie eventually won me over. In the end, this book was like a satisfying epilogue to the whole series.

No comments:

Post a Comment