Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Alvin Ho: Allergic to Babies, Burglars, and Other Bumps in the Night (#5) by Lenore Look

★★★★½

It's been about 5 years since Isabelle and I last read Alvin Ho. Now that Sebastien just finished 2nd grade - and has suddenly become more open-minded in regards to reading material! - I had a feeling he might enjoy reading about a Chinese boy in 2nd grade. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that since we last left Alvin, two more books have been published in the series! Hooray!

I picked up this book, and it was like those 5 years hadn't passed at all. Alvin is still in 2nd grade, and he's still scared of pretty much everything. Through humor and empathy, we see how sensitive, lovable Alvin comes to terms with his mother's pregnancy.

Alvin is such a sweet boy, my heart just about melted when he and his siblings built the birthing nest for their mom.

The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is because I felt it left one loose thread hanging. A little closure on that bit about the burglar would have been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment