Monday, June 18, 2018

Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians #3) by Kevin Kwan

★★★

Picking up this book, I thought for sure I would end up rating it lower than the first two, thinking I'd be tired of "more of the same" in terms of the outrageous spending and constant references to fashion and food. But my curiosity about the fate of Tyersall Park drew me in, and who can resist the sprawling soap opera-y cast of inter-related characters full of drama, scandal, and crises.

In pattern with the series, this book further introduced us to new levels of luxury throughout Asia, this time in Thailand, India, and the Philippines. Also, I liked how this book finally gave us a peek into the lives of the servants at Tyersall Park.

While I wouldn't call this a thinking book, it does offer some light lessons of self-reflection and history. Mostly it's a fun, beachy read, and my only regret is not actually reading this series on a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment