Thursday, February 18, 2010

Summer Winter - Burlington, MA

★★★★

I heard about Summer Winter a while ago, but since it's on the pricey side, we decided to wait until Ken's birthday to go. Thanks to Facebook, I found out that a high school classmate of mine is a server there, and when I told her about our reservations, she managed to pick up the shift and put us in her section. Needless to say, our service was excellent! The food was wonderful, from the "Strange Flavored" Eggplant (on the "Small Bites" menu, which is kind of like pre-appetizer tapas) to my avocado and polenta appetizer with goat cheese, tomatoes, and basil (a unique dish, I think), to Ken's crab cakes appetizer. My ginger and coconut fried chicken with curry sauce was tasty, and the chicken was especially juicy. Ken says his rib-eye steak was cooked perfectly. For dessert we had a nut tartlet - Ken's birthday choice. I'm not a fan of nuts, so I guess it wouldn't be fair for me to judge this dessert. I wanted to give this dining experience 5 stars, but Ken said it wasn't perfect because his sangria had too much ice in it. Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment