Monday, September 2, 2013

Ballet Shoes (2007)

★★★★

Die-hard fans of the book may be disappointed with all the liberties taken by the movie. Quite a few changes were made, presumably with the intention of adding more drama and tension. While the book focused pretty much entirely on the girls, the movie made Sylvia a more central character. Madame in the book seemed rather warm, but Madame in the movie was quite stern. Still, I liked her. I'm usually a stickler for movies adhering to books, but in this case, I thought the movie version was really well-done.

The only thing I really disliked was the ending. It was too abrupt, just like the ending of the book. At the end of the movie, I felt primed to watch a new series or a sequel.

Isabelle said she liked the movie, but she liked the book better.

No comments:

Post a Comment