Friday, October 4, 2013

Pippi Goes on Board (Pippi Longstocking #2) by Astrid Lindgren

★★★★

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I rather enjoyed this book quite a bit more than the first.

In this book, Pippi, Tommy, and Annika have all sorts of adventures that really showcase Pippi's generosity, loyalty, and kindness. Her heart is as big as her physical strength!

I liked that when Pippi spent a day with Tommy and Annika's class, their teacher used the opportunity to instruct her in proper behavior (finally Pippi gets some guidance!), and Pippi really seemed to want to learn to be good.

And when the three children basically took off on their own 2-night camping trip, I was impressed with Pippi's foresight! She brought all the necessary provisions, took good care of her friends, and even thought to leave a note for their parents.

But, again with the pistols and the talk about cannibals!

Okay, I'll read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment