Friday, May 22, 2015

Circle of Heroes (The Familiars #3) by Adam Jay Epstein & Andrew Jacobson

★★★★

I am really enjoying this series! I love how all the different magical animal species have unique talents, and how they live in areas specifically suited for them. This installment had a number of twists and unexpected revelations, making it an even more compelling read than the previous two books.

I think I would have given this book 5 stars if not for the explicitly gruesome descriptions of zombie animals! The target audience is grades 3-7, so I guess the content is mostly appropriate for that age range... Isabelle seemed less bothered by the Dead Army than I was, so maybe it's my own prudish sensibilities that make me a little wary of the violence and gore in this book. Also, I didn't understand the point of the short-lived re-introduction of Grimslade.

No comments:

Post a Comment