Friday, January 1, 2010

Avatar (2009)

★★★★★

What fun! I went into this movie reluctantly - Ken dragged me - but I left a huge fan. My first 3D experience! Actually, the 3D-ness was not central to the movie, it just made it a cool movie-going experience. Though unfortunately, this 3D movie was riddled with 2D characters. The plotline was not unique, and some story elements paralled current event issues, as often happens in sci-fi. Still, I loved the avatar conceit, and liked how Pandora (the alien world) closely resembled the Outlands in World of Warcraft, Zangarmarsh especially! So, despite its shortcomings, I'm giving it 5 stars because it was just so entertaining!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm dieing to see this!! I was going to ask Megan if she wanted to go see it with me but she was in trouble so I didn't bother to ask her. Then I asked if Gwen or Chang wanted to see it with me and neither of them had any desire. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta find a way to see it! I think anyone who doesn't want to see it just doesn't know better. Haha! I'm the perfect example. I totally did NOT want to see it; up until the last second, I was still contemplating sitting in the food court and reading my book while Ken and his brother saw the movie. But then Ken went ahead and bought 3 tickets, so I reluctantly agreed to go. Boy, was I glad I did! :)

    ReplyDelete