Friday, January 29, 2010

The Kite Runner (2007)

★★★★

I really liked the book, and since the movie was closely aligned to the book, I guess that made me partial to liking the movie. My favorite parts of the movie were when the dialogue was taken directly from the book. In fact, some disappointing moments were when I expected to hear a good line from the book in a particular scene, but it wasn't included. Many details, big and small, were left out, changed, or added, probably for the sake of the movie's flow, but I can't imagine why other details that made a strong impression on me in the book were omitted (e.g., Baba was not as "larger than life" as he was in the book). I suppose my rating is less of a judgment based on the movie's own merits, and more of one based on how the movie compares to the book. Oh, I did think the movie felt a lot longer than it really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment