Thursday, January 28, 2010

T. W. Food - Cambridge, MA

★★★½

I think my rating is artificially low because I didn't order well. My squash soup was good, but nothing special, while my friend Sarah's charcuterie was excellent. My gnocchi with capers and cauliflower was flavorful, but not as flavorful as Sarah's cod. Also, the gnocci was a bit too "browned" for my taste. The wait staff forgot about us between clearing our dinner plates and giving us the dessert menu, but I actually don't hold this against them because Sarah and I had plenty to talk about and weren't in any rush, plus the server apologized once she realized what had happened. The hostess was actually very helpful even before I entered the restaurant, telling me on the telephone, as I looked for parking, that I could park anywhere that required a permit, and if I got a ticket, they would pay for it. Finally, I don't know if it's my own personal poor eyesight, but I felt the restaurant was very dark - I actually had a difficult time reading my credit card receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment