Thursday, August 4, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (#2) by J.K. Rowling

★★★½

This is my second time reading this book, and I'm upgrading it from 3 stars to 3 1/2 stars.

I remember the first time around, I felt like unanswered questions just kept accumulating. Yes, they all got answered by the end, but it was still a bit much to keep track of, especially for a children's book. Since I already knew a lot of the background information this time, I could more easily enjoy the story without being distracted by confusion and curiosity.

This book, unfortunately, has the first "Harry Potter moment", in which Harry does something completely stupid and irrational instead of sensibly going to Professor McGonagall and telling her what he knows. But I guess if he had, there wouldn't have been quite as interesting or exciting an adventure to read about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment