Friday, March 1, 2013

Ivy + Bean Roundup

When it comes right down to it, I don't think I would recommend this series to others. UNLESS, you are really keen to get your young daughter (in 1st through 3rd grade) reading independently. If that's the case, then this series just might do the trick.

I sort of reluctantly let Isabelle read these books. I'm not really a fan of them, but she sure did love them. Being able to say to Isabelle, "Why don't you go read the next Ivy and Bean book?" and have her sit down to quietly read for an hour? Priceless.

After the first book, I made a point to read each book before Isabelle read it. I made note of the inappropriate behavior and unsafe activities that came up in the book, and then made sure to discuss the specific events with Isabelle.
  1. Ivy + Bean ★★★
  2. Ivy + Bean and the Ghost that Had to Go ★★½
  3. Ivy + Bean Break the Fossil Record ★★★½
  4. Ivy + Bean Take Care of the Babysitter ★★★
  5. Ivy + Bean Bound to be Bad ★★
  6. Ivy + Bean Doomed to Dance ★★★½
  7. Ivy + Bean What's the Big Idea? ★★★½
  8. Ivy + Bean No News is Good News ★★½
  9. Ivy + Bean Make the Rules ★★★½

No comments:

Post a Comment