Friday, March 15, 2013

Scarlett the Garnet Fairy (Rainbow Magic #23: The Jewel Fairies #2) by Daisy Meadows

★★★

Isabelle and I are reading these Rainbow Magic books as they become available at our local library, which means we are sometimes left hanging as we wait for the next book. (In the future, I plan to snag all seven books in a series at once!) Right now, while we wait for the next Rainbow Fairies book, we're also reading the Jewel Fairies series.

So, I haven't finished the Rainbow Fairies series yet, and I'm only two books into the Jewel Fairies series, but already I think I like this series better. Rachel and Kirsty don't have any magic bags, and the fairies who help them are all running low on magic precisely because the jewels are missing. As a result, unlike in the Rainbow Fairies books, the girls now must rely more on themselves. In this book, they don't have any impressively clever ideas or anything, but at least they have ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment