Sunday, May 26, 2013

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

★★★★

*** WARNING!! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! ***

I was never a big fan of the original Star Trek series, but after watching Star Trek Into Darkness, and knowing that the new series is meant to be an alternate reality of the original series, I decided to watch the original Star Trek movie with Khan.

I really didn't get why Khan and his men didn't wear shirts, and it just seemed to me that a man with "superior intellect" would simply take Genesis and not waste his time with revenge - as a couple of his people tried to advise him to do. But, it did make for an interesting plot, and I loved Spock's big scene at the end. The ending made the whole movie, and if I didn't already know that Spock lives a long and prosperous life, I would be pretty darn upset!

Seeing a young Kirstie Alley was fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment