Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beal's Lobster Pier - Southwest Harbor, ME

★★★½

A lobster pound - where you pick a lobster from a tank and pay by the pound. This was the only lobster pound I ate at, so I can't compare it to others...

The menu is both limited and extensive: limited because the only non-fried foods available were lobsters, clams, and corn, but extensive because they offered a wide variety of fried foods (including chicken tenders and fries), plus hot dogs and hamburgers.

Super kid-friendly because of the menu, plus you eat outdoors at picnic tables, which means the kids don't have to be well-contained in their seats and can run around.

No lobster crackers or wet naps, but they do have a hand washing station. Great view of southwest harbor.

2 comments:

  1. They didn't have lobster crackers!? I guess I didn't notice since I didn't have lobster. This place had a way more extensive and kid-friendly menu than the first lobster pound we went to, which only had like 8 things on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Do you think they had lobster crackers, and I just missed them? Oh, well.

    Hm, I wonder if we went to more lobster pounds, I might have given this one a higher rating. Sometimes it's hard to rate different types of restaurants relative to each other, because the experiences are so different. It's easier to compare buffets to buffets, and breakfast places to breakfast places. Especially because lobster pounds are really so different from other types of restaurants, I think!

    ReplyDelete