Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Betsy-Tacy / Deep Valley Roundup

Even though Isabelle and I both enjoyed the first few books of this series, we haven't been super eager to read the next books. I'm not really sure why. I know the characters age through the series, so part of me wonders if Isabelle, at this age, just lost a bit of interest as the girls grew older than her.

I do still plan on continuing the series, and I will update this post as new books are read. Right now Isabelle has plenty of books that she's interested in reading, so I'll probably hold off on continuing this series until she is looking for new books.

...As it turned out, reading Home for the Holidays (of the Mother-Daughter Book Club series) rekindled my interest in this series, as the books are featured as the book club's readings. Isabelle, too, was happy to pick up where we left off, with Book 4.
Maud Hart Lovelace also wrote a few other books set in Deep Valley. They aren't officially part of the Betsy-Tacy series, but they feature characters we know from the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment