Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

★★★★★

Five stars!! Five stars!!

I LOVED this book! I was surprised myself by how much I enjoyed it. I have to admit, I went in with relatively low expectations. I liked The Secret Garden, but I didn't love it, and the title "A Little Princess" just seemed kind of, well... lame. Haha. So glad I didn't judge this book by its title.

I love Sara Crewe. Such grace! Such compassion! Such quiet strength in the face of adversity! I am sure plenty of young readers will enjoy her fancy for pretending to be a princess, but what I really liked about this book was Sara herself. Readers of all ages just might pick up a bit of what it means to have strength and beauty of character. I know I did.

Best of all, everything was tied up nicely at the end. I loved this book so much I think I might just consider it one of my all-time favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment