Saturday, January 3, 2015

Gone Girl (2014)

★★★

I saw this in the theaters, but forgot to review it at the time.

Certainly entertaining, with quite a few unexpected twists and turns. Makes you realize how important it is to really get to know someone before marrying them! Of course, we all put our best foot forward when meeting people, so how long would it take, and how much delving would you have to do, to find out who someone really is? And what would it take to keep you in a marriage you actually despise? Is there any real, viable solution to Ben Affleck's character's situation at the end of the movie?!

Anyway, it fell a bit short with some undeveloped characters and unanswered questions, but my friend with whom I saw the movie said the book did address most of my concerns. Not sure if I'll read the book, as psychological thrillers aren't usually my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment