Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Mystery of the Griefer's Mark (An Unofficial Gamer's Adventure #2) by Winter Morgan

★★★½

Very similar to the first book, and basically everything I said about that book applies to this one as well; the writing lacks style, some events in the book don't actually conform to the rules of the Minecraft world, and though the editing wasn't as poor in this book, I did make note of one error on page 11: "And why did show up here..."

Still, again, I have to give the book credit for keeping Sebastien interested in reading. He LOVED this book. I do wish he'd read these books himself, but I guess me reading them aloud to him is the next best thing. I did appreciate that this book had fewer explanatory sentences that simply described elements of the game, and the plot was relatively strong. Someone - a "griefer" - is destroying everyone's property, and Steve and his friends are trying to figure out who it is! I'll admit, it was kind of exciting, and somewhat suspenseful. I'm not sure the ending was entirely satisfying, but questions did get answered, and there's a take-away lesson about friendships and acceptable behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment