Friday, July 29, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (#7, 2011)

★★★★½

Wow, what a lot of action! This climactic ending to the Harry Potter franchise did not disappoint. The battle at Hogwarts was great, and finally we see the real Severus Snape! Alan Rickman totally made the whole series. Still a bit too much thinking required for a movie I value for entertainment, but I think I got it all figured out now.

If only the ending could've been a bit more upbeat. Grown-up Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all subdued and serious, not at all full of the bustle and friendliness and excitement with which I imagined the scene would be filled.

2 comments:

  1. loved this one! I love snape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love him, too!! I really felt for him, in the book and in the movie. Such devotion and loyalty! Makes me sad that he lived his whole life in such despair, and never got recognized for all the good that he did. Makes me wonder how things would have been different if his love was returned! But then, I suppose, we wouldn't have this whole Harry Potter franchise to begin with. :P I think Snape is really one of the best characters in fiction ever!

    ReplyDelete