Thursday, July 28, 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (#5, 2007)

★★★

I had completely forgotten about Dolores Umbrage! Her character was so frustratingly annoying that it actually detracted from my viewing pleasure. And I know Harry's just a kid, but it still seemed like the whole big fight at the Ministry wouldn't even have happened if only he hadn't acted so rashly. I kind of remember the book being even more annoying, but since I've forgotten most everything in the books, I think watching the movie without the book fresh in my mind might have made this second viewing of the movie more enjoyable than the first. The first time I watched it, I thought there were too many characters, too many things going on, and not enough cohesion to hold it all together.

4 comments:

  1. maybe it's just watching it on the small screen, but I wish Dumbledore came across as more powerful than he does in the movie. In the book, I just picture him SO much more grander, like when he walks in to keep Trelawney at Hogwarts or defends Harry at the trial, or when he 'confesses' to the Ministry about the D.A. I'm getting more and more disappointed with the movies as I wish I could visually see some of the great scenes and lines of the book. But they're still good movies...just not quite good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. Overall, the movies just aren't as good as the books! Especially now that I've grown to like the books even more, the movies seem to pale in comparison...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do have to say, i'm glad they all got haircuts between the last movie and this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Really? I didn't even notice their haircuts! I'll just have to pay more attention the next time I see them. :P

    ReplyDelete