Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama

★★★

Obama actually made me feel sympathy towards politicians!

Anyone who criticized Obama during the presidential campaign for being "all rhetoric" should have simply read this book. He explains his politics clearly and eloquently, including his personal motivations and sometimes his perspectives on opposing views. For someone who was already a big Obama fan, this book only cemented my support for him; I whole-heartedly agree with him on almost all issues.

Admittedly, it was not a fast read for me. Much of the book discusses the politics of issues, and call me a lightweight, but despite my interest in the content, I found some portions to be a bit dry. Personal reflections and anecdotes are interspersed throughout the book (including Obama's testimony as a Christian), and those passages were my favorites, holding my interest and giving me incentive to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment