Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin

★★★★★

I love, love, LOVE this book!

There are so many wonderful things about Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, and, in my opinion, it lacks nothing. The full-page color illustrations are gorgeous. The writing is simple, yet full of imagery. The storytelling is enchanting, and the moral of the story is a valuable one.

I read this book aloud to Isabelle, and at times it was difficult because I was actually choking up with tears! Besides having touching moments, the book also includes adventure, mystery, and laughter. All the many little stories fit together in the end, which makes it a particularly satisfying read.

I wouldn't be surprised if this book were made into a movie one day. The descriptive scenery, the epic journey - everything in this book lends itself to being a fantastic big-screen experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment