Monday, December 28, 2009

China Pearl - Woburn, MA

★★★★½



Hadn't been in several years, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. For dim sum at noon on a Saturday, we waited about 25 minutes; after the first 20 minutes, the maitre d' (who was also the owner, I learned later) approached me and asked our name, so he could double-check on our seating. While waiting, my parents ran into two friends, not together, both Cantonese - a good sign of endorsement! Dim sum carts offered a wide variety of expected dishes, all tasty and still hot when they reached our table. Twice we asked for dishes we couldn't find on carts, and someone delivered them to our table. While $10 per person is a good rule of thumb for dim sum, we paid $15 per person. To me, the extra cost is more than made up for by the convenient location and free parking; a great alternative to Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment